Hello, I´m a student in IMC 619 at West Virginia University, a course on emerging media and marketing. Though I´m located in Guatemala at the present time, I typically live in West Virginia and work as a reporter. It´s an interesting job, and I get to do a lot of cool things — like go to Guatemala, for instance — but I´ve always been interested in marketing and PR, too. For that reason, I decided to educate myself further at my alma mater by enrolling in the Integrated Marketing Communications program. It´s been an eye-opening experience so far, and I look forward to learning more in class and on this blog this term. Specifically, I hope to eventually parlay my IMC education into something health-related. In the past two and a half years, I´ve lost about 60 pounds and become a health nut. It´s a passion that I´ve become dedicated to in my personal life, and I´d like to transfer that to my professional life, too, if possible. But we´ll see.
Other facts about me:
- I’m a 26-year-old female, originally from southeastern Ohio.
- I graduated summa cum laude from WVU in December 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in journalism.
- I live in sin with my boyfriend of more than 3 years — an arrangement I’m quite content with, I might add — and we have a Rottweiler/German Shepherd/Lab mix named Zeke. He’s our baby.
- I may be the worst driver ever, and I’m terribly accident-prone — whether I’m in a vehicle or simply walking down the street. Case in point: I managed to fall down some steps at a recent assignment, and my knees are still covered in bruises.
- I love the color purple — not the book or the movie, just the color. Given a selection of colors to choose from — for anything — I’ll usually pick some shade of violet or the closest thing to it.
- I enjoy watching sports and working out, probably too much. I’m a WVU fan, of course, but I like to watch MLB games and UFC fights, too. The first thing I do when I turn on the TV is flip to ESPN.
- I love to read — anything and everything. My favorite thing to do is curl up on the couch with a good book or a the latest issue of Rolling Stone. And I would choose that over the TV any day.